Crystal Hills Blog
A light and creamy sauce with the puree of roasted red peppers and coconut milk as the base. This sauce is made with jarred roasted red peppers which are definitely a must-have item in your pantry, if you don’t have already. They’re just delicious in sauces like this one, but they’re also tasty cut into strips on a sandwich, chopped and spooned over slices of cream cheese with crackers.
Vegan Roasted Red Pepper, Spinach and Asparagus Pasta
Prep time 10-15 minutes
Cook time 30 minutes
⦁ 1 medium onion, diced
⦁ 2 garlic cloves, minced
⦁ 2 tablespoons avocado oil
⦁ 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut or dairy free milk alternative
⦁ 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
⦁ 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder or cornstarch
⦁ 1- 300ml jar roasted red peppers, drained
⦁ 1 lb. asparagus
⦁ 2 oz. spinach, chopped
⦁ 4 servings Gluten free pasta (or regular pasta if desired)
⦁ 1/2 teaspoon salt or more to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Fully coat asparagus with 1 tablespoon oil and a bit of salt in a pan and cook for 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, dice onion and garlic. Sauté in a sauce pot with oil for 5-6 minutes until onions are translucent.
3. Add coconut milk, nutritional yeast and arrowroot powder. Whisk and bring to a boil, stirring until sauce thickens.
4. Remove from heat and add to high speed blender with drained roasted red peppers. Blend until smooth, add salt if needed.
5. Boil water with salt for the pasta. Once boiling, add pasta and cook to desired preference (5-8 minutes). Drain.
6. Combine sauce with pasta. Add chopped spinach, stir. and serve on top of asparagus. The spinach will cook from the heat of the pasta.
Click to download and save or print for your recipe box. vegan-roasted-red-pepper-sauce
Find out more on the amazing benefits of spinach in a fabulous article by the Cooking Detective: 33 Amazing Health Benefits Of Spinach (And One Big Risk)